Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Orange Brownie - Yum!

I found a recipe on a blog this week for Orange Brownies and knew instantly that it would be tried, so much so that I actually wrote it into my recipe book where I put all my favourites - that's the first time something's gone in before it's actually been tried! My eldest and I whipped them up after dinner tonight and they are a hit! Super easy, all the ingredients, except the flour, dumped in a bowl and then beat till smooth and then add the flour.

Orange Brownies

Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a 9" x 13" pan.

Blend together:
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
225g butter, softened
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp grated orange zest

Add:
1 1/2 cups plain flour

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set.



While baking prepare glaze:
1 cup pure icing sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange zest


Let the brownies cool completely and then spread over the glaze. Let it set and then cut and enjoy!


















I baked mine in an 'edge' pan, it's the first time I've used it. It was a gift from my little sister, she brought it all the way from Canada for me. I'll be using it from now on for my brownies, normally the middle brownies are a little gooey and the outside ones a little too done but in the edge pan they all seem to be perfect!

















It's got the tick of approval from eldest and myself, a keeper for sure! I liked that it actually wasn't too sweet, the texture was gorgeous and the orange zest delicious! I'm going to slice it up, cling film it (ceran wrap from my friends across the Atlantic) and freeze it. I'm sure it'll all be gone in a matter of hours otherwise! As it is there is a very real danger of it becoming dinner tonight :-)


C48978EC203A2A53536DF28A92944318

2 comments:

  1. oh that looks delicious! where can I find myself one of these tins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy them online, I haven't seen them in Australia anywhere. They are made in the states.

    http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=10726&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1,2,4,112,11145&iProductID=10726

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love to hear from you :) Stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...