Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweet Shortcrust Pastry

I love to cook and my little man also loves to help me in the kitchen, he wants to help with everything and is an excellent helper (and fetcher!). This morning I decided that I bought too many apples this week and we've got more than enough for eating and some cooking! So what about a home made mini apple pie?

This is my tried and true sweet shortcrust recipe, it's so easy to make!

Sweet Shortcrust Pastry

250g plain flour
125g butter, cubed and very cold
75g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1tbsp water, very cold

Put the flour, butter and sugar into a food processor and mix till the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water and mix. The mixture is ready when it comes together on one side of the processor, you may need to add more water a dribble at a time to make this happen.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead till just smooth. This is enough to make one pie case or 10 tarts. I like to divide mine into 50g batches (I love, love, love my digital kitchen scales!) and they can be wrapped individually in cling wrap and frozen for later use! If using now then wrap and chill for 30 minutes before use.

  C48978EC203A2A53536DF28A92944318

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love to hear from you :) Stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...