Friday, February 4, 2011

Golden Syrup Dumplings

I came across this recipe today and was determined to give it a go, every time I've heard of it I've thought that it sounds like it's worth trying but never got around to it so tonight was the night!


I did a Google search and this is the recipe I used, it's a combination of a few different recipes...



















Dumpling
1 cup SR flour
30g margarine
1/2 cup milk (or just enough to make a stiff batter)

Sauce
2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups water

Put all of the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Rub the margarine into the flour till it resembles fine breadcrumbs and holds together when squeezed
Drop balls of the mixture into the boiling sauce and cover
I cooked mine for about 10 minutes (turned over at 5 minutes)
Serve topped with cream or ice cream!

Pretty yummy, they went down pretty well with the smalls which is nice, an easy dessert to whip up quickly and I like that it can be done in small batches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love to hear from you :) Stop by again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...